Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dead bug.

So a few months ago I was climbing into my car after a long day at school and noticed a little spider crawling on my windshield and immediately flipped on my wipers. Who wants a creepy bug in their face anyways, right? That's what I thought!

On my way home I stopped at the mall to pick up a sandwich from the bakery and as I settled back into my car I saw a little moth that was missing a leg fluttering around on my windshield and I thought, "poor little moth!". Didn't even think to activate the bug euthanizing device.

About 5-10 minutes later as I was driving on the freeway It hit me! A revelation!!

Why was I so quick to kill the spider? Because it was creepy. That's why. But what if the spider was really the sweet creature and the moth was a little brat with a bad agenda. What if these bugs were really humans. Would I be just that quick in dismissing a person who was dressed different and had ugly hair? 

Now of course, these were bugs so it's not the same. However it really hit my heart. As a human it is so easy to just judge by outward appearance. Which of course happens all the time, and in more serious cases such as in China, disabled people are viewed as less valuable. Of course that's more drastic but the thing is that it happens and I really want to keep my heart in check. Everyone, even the creepy spiders deserve to be treated with respect. Boy am I glad that God just looks at our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment